How to compare the various schemes?

MarkW August 28, 2012

Is there any tool or plugin that allows me to compare schemes, workflow (including transition steps, conditions, validations and post functions) between instances?

Since you have to eyeball and recreate everything, is there anything out there to make this easier?

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2012

Hi Mark,

If we are talking about comparing schemes the only thing that comes to my mind is the JIRA tools set called Schemes Tools (Administration > Advanced). That is including:

• Scheme Comparision Tool
  • Group to Project Mapping Tool
  • Scheme Merge Tool
  • Bulk Delete Scheme Tool

However above tools works only one one instance. I did not hear about comparing from one instance to another.

As for workflows.. Hard to say, but.. Please take a look at JIRA Workflow Scharing Plugin. With this plugin you can easily export and import workflow from one instance to another with few clicks! It will also check if you have used any third party plugins in your workflow. I do not know how other users but for me this is a thing that I am waiting for to be bundled in official release in JIRA. Lets hope that this will be a part of JIRA soon!

Best Regards,

Mirek

Suggest an answer