How to combine two projects on a single board when one project from another company?

Jeff Pfankuch May 2, 2022

My team works with an external dev team. we both user Cloud Jira.  I need to combine the external teams and my teams data in one board? 

4 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 11, 2022

Hi @Jeff Pfankuch ,

Thanks @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ for the mention of Dashboard Hub for Jira :) 

If you are to sync the issues of two instances, solutions like Backbone Issue sync or Exalate are reliable options.

On the other hand, if you prefer just to display issues from other instance, Dashboard Hub allows the creation of a single dashboard with information coming from other Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket/... instances, and from both, Cloud or Data Center. 

And these dashboard can be shared with external stakeholders with just a click, like these examples: Agile Team dashboard, DevOps dashboard, ITSM dashboard.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2022

Hi @Jeff Pfankuch

there's no native way to achieve that, but there are several apps in Atlassian's marketplace addressing this use case in different ways:

• Use a Board across both Jiras
    The app Watchtower offers boards which show issues from different Jira's in one overview. The Dashboad Hub for Jira also offers hybrid dashboards with data from other instances (but more in a graphical way). 
  • Synchronize issues between your Jira instances
    There are several issue sync apps available. They allow you to configure different rules to control which issue types and fields you want to synchronize and many more options.
    Once the issues are sync'ed to your instance, you can easily report with the native Jira ways on them.

I hope that's a start into some solution for you.

Cheers,
Matthias.

PS: I'm part of the team behind Backbone Issue Sync - such an issue sync app.

3 votes
Dhiren Notani_Exalate_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2022

Hi @Elyse Cosentino 

This is Dhiren from Exalate.

Exalate, provides a fully bi-directional synchronization between Jira(Cloud/Server/DC) to Jira(Cloud/Server/Data Center) among other ITSM systems that is fully customizable. It is easy to set up and the entire customization can be configured using a no-code interface. 

If you would like to see a customized demo of the product in action, feel free to book a slot with us. 

Thanks
Dhiren

0 votes
Jeff Pfankuch February 14, 2023

Thanks all.   I ended up importing a daily feed from the external team and merged onto a single board with a combined filter.   

Suggest an answer