How to combine Jira Project Issues with daily Issues

Nadja_Agreiter November 30, 2017

Hello everyone,

in my company we're using Jira for displaing projects and daily issues. Our different teams work with a project each and Kanbanboard to keep up with their daily or weekly work. Additionally every "real" project gets a separat jira-project. Now every team wants the possibility to display their daily issues and the project issues, they have to work on, on one Board. We are not sure how to do that. We're thinking about using company-wide componants and filter them to show whats relevant for each team. But to do so, every company member has to have permissions to the projects his or her team is involved in. That would be a lot of permissioning, so we are thinking about one "team-user"-account per team.

Am I making myself clear enough? Did you ever get confronted with that kind of "problem"? How do you handel project and daily issues in your companies?

I'm grateful for any experiance. Thank you!

Nadja

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2017

Putting everything on a single board is probably pretty useless.  When you've got a lot of issues on a board, Jira will limit the selection in order to keep it small enough for the computer to handle, but your humans will simply be overloaded and won't grasp it all.

Your best option is to create boards for each team selecting what they need to work with, and use other reporting for overviews of everything.

Nadja_Agreiter December 3, 2017

What you say in your last sentence, is exactly what I want: one board for each team, where all issues that team has to handle are displayed. What kind of "other reporting"? Is there any helpful support from Jira?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2017

Ok, great, you can create as many boards as you need, with different filters to draw in each different team's issues.

Other reporting would usually start with saved filters (often, the filters your boards are based on), which you then reuse in project reports, the issue navigator and, most powerfully, dashboards.  A user can create and share dashboards which can have lots of useful summary gadgets on it.  I personally prefer dashboards, but some people do prefer the project and board reports.

Nadja_Agreiter December 4, 2017

Ok, I'm going to try that. Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer