How to color a Feature in Jira?

Anette Hagman September 1, 2022

I would like to color inter connected Features in Jira to emphasize their relationship.

2 answers

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 5, 2022

Hi @Anette Hagman

welcome to the community!

If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, I believe you would be able to solve your use case with JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting and filtering by all your issue fields. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including conditional formatting.

With conditional formatting, you can color cells or entire rows based on wether the underlying issue fulfils a certain condition. E.g., you could easily define a condition to match all issues with a certain term in their summary.

This is how it look in action:

conditional-formatting.gif

You can also define such conditions on labels, or any other issue field. Disclaimer: I work on JXL.

I hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Hello @Anette Hagman 

Welcome to the community.

How have you indicated that the Features are "inter connected"?

In which screen do you want the colors displayed? Can you provide a sample screen?

Anette Hagman September 5, 2022

Capture.JPG

This is an example of some "connected" features that I would like to color. This is from Kanban board, but would like the color copied the stories too (to show up on Scrum board, active sprints and so on.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

How do you indicate in Jira that the features are connected?

Are you working with Team Managed projects or Company Managed projects?

With Company Managed project there is an option in the Board Configurations for Card Colors. If you can construct a JQL query that would retrieve the "connected" issues you can use that in the Card Colors settings for the board to add a color band to the cards for the connected issues.

Suggest an answer