How to close jira administrator verfying

Jiannan Tang February 23, 2013

Hi:

I had restored jira from other instance.

But I can't login to administaror, how to close the administrator verfiying?

The error log:

2013-02-24 13:26:24,081 http-bio-8080-exec-12 ERROR TANGJN1 806x44x1 1exl3fi 10.125.152.187 /secure/admin/WebSudoAuthenticate.jspa [crowd.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric] Directory 'Crowd Server' is not functional during authentication of 'TANGJN1'. Skipped.
2013-02-24 13:26:24,088 http-bio-8080-exec-12 ERROR      [500ErrorPage.jsp] Exception caught in 500 page null
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.CommunicationException
	at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.convertOperationFailedException(CrowdServiceImpl.java:866)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.authenticate(CrowdServiceImpl.java:79)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.DelegatingCrowdService.authenticate(DelegatingCrowdService.java:35)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.FilteredCrowdServiceImpl.authenticate(FilteredCrowdServiceImpl.java:43)
	at com.atlassian.jira.security.login.LoginManagerImpl$InternalStaticDependencies.authenticate(LoginManagerImpl.java:415)
	at com.atlassian.jira.security.login.LoginManagerImpl.authenticateWithoutElevatedCheck(LoginManagerImpl.java:211)
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.WebSudoAuthenticate.doValidation(WebSudoAuthenticate.java:131)
	at webwork.action.ActionSupport.validate(ActionSupport.java:391)
	at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:162)
	at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:82)
	at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:39)
	at webwork.interceptor.NestedInterceptorChain.proceed(NestedInterceptorChain.java:31)
	at webwork.interceptor.ChainedInterceptor.intercept(ChainedInterceptor.java:16)
	at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:35)
	at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:221)
	at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:150)
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.service(JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.java:153)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2013

Looks like the JIRA that you copied from is using Crowd for authentication. From the new server, the crowd server is probably not reachable.

com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.CommunicationException

Thanks you answer.

I had checked the crowd, the crowd is running well!

And I had added the "Remote Addresses"

Jiannan Tang February 28, 2013

At last I reinstall JIRA, and use the workable Crowd backup.

Then it workable.

0 votes
Higashi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013
jiannan Tang, try verifing that your crowd is reachable. from new localtion console try:
telnet your-crowd-address 80
or
telnet your-crowd-address 443
if you cannot connect disable websudo:
in your $JIRA_HOME directory (where you have jira data files - attachements, indexes, plugins etc. - not installed files),
create if it doesn't already exist file named "jira-config.properties"
add line:
jira.websudo.is.disabled = true
restart jira
With this option jira won't ask you for password for the second time

Suggest an answer