How to clear the resolution without post-functions?

Angel Campoverde March 22, 2021

Hello,

I have gone through:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Jira-Cloud-How-do-I-remove-or-clear-the-Resolution-field/qaq-p/1149944

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-clear-the-resolution-on-a-ticket/qaq-p/398809

But it turns out that I cannot access the post-function functionality given that I am not a Jira administrator, just a project administrator. I guess one way to do this would be to remove the issue and make a new one with exactly the same content. However this is too much work. Is there another way to clear this "resolution" field?

Cheers.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2021

It depends on how your Jira is set up - if your workflow has a transition that clears it, then you could push the issue through the workflow until it goes through that transition.  There may be a flag set on a board for a column to set or clear it, in which case you can drag it across the board there.

But really, you need an administrator to tell you where they might be, and to get it set up correctly.  You do need to engage with your admins on this one.

Angel Campoverde March 22, 2021

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the feedback, I did talk to the people in our organization (CERN). I will check back with them. However they told me that given that I am not a Jira administrator, modifying the post-functions is not an option for me.

Thanks. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2021

Yep, if you're not an admin, there's not much you can do here.   It's your admins job to get your Jira set up in a way that works for you, so if you need to get its behaviour changed, you'll need to to talk to them more.

Suggest an answer