How to clear the cache for my Jira profile?

Diệu Phạm August 26, 2019

Test Cycle cannot be loaded because of caching previous search result in all browsers:

1. I am using Test Management For Jira

2. In the Test Cycle, I search a Cycle Name but its result cannot be returned (page keep loading with a circle)

3. From that moment, I - with my account - can work with Test Case, Test Plan but no Test Cycle anymore. I try to use different browsers, different machines but the same behavior.

I thought my Jira account is being tracked. So, the failed search result always keep there. I cannot work in Test Cycle from that moment.

Could you please help?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Amith Mathur {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

Hi @Diệu Phạm , 

Here are the steps to clear plugin cache. 

• Stop the JIRA instance
  • Rename the JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins and JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins folders. These two will be created automatically when the JIRA starts. 
  • Restart JIRA

If this does not fix and you are facing the issue in other areas of JIRA instances, you can do a reindexing as well. 

Thanks,
Amith Mathur

Diệu Phạm August 27, 2019

Thanks for your reply.

I am in client side. Not manage the Jira server side. Any way to I clear my cache?

Amith Mathur {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2019

Hi @Diệu Phạm , 

Plugin cache can be cleared from the server side only. As you are experiencing the issue in all the browsers, you need to clear the plugin cache. You can also try jira indexing. 

Thanks,
Amith Mathur

Diệu Phạm August 27, 2019

Thank you very much @Amith Mathur {Appfire} 

I will ask help from server side.

Diệu Phạm October 14, 2019

Hi @Amith Mathur {Appfire} 

Unluckily, after asking help from server side. I cannot overcome my issue.

Observing closer to the console output. I am seeing the response 500 whenever navigating to Test Cycle. Detail is:

Request URL: https://jira.absolute.com/rest/tests/1.0/testrun/search/grouped/status?fields=id,key,name,folderId,iterationId,projectVersionId,environmentId,userKeys,environmentIds,plannedStartDate,plannedEndDate,executionTime,estimatedTime,testResultStatuses,testCaseCount,issueCount,statusId,customFieldValues,createdOn,createdBy,updatedOn,updatedBy,owner&maxResults=100&query=testRun.projectKey+IN+(%27ABS%27)+AND+testRun.folderTreeId+%3D+15465+ORDER+BY+testRun.statusIndex+ASC

Request Method: GET

Status Code: 500

Remote Address: 127.0.0.1:8888

Referrer Policy: no-referrer-when-downgrade

Response Headersview source

Could you pls help?

Thanks.

Amith Mathur {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2019

Hi @Diệu Phạm , 

Can you please check the app vendor, Test Management For Jira? It appears it is coming from the app functionality.   

Thanks,
Amith Mathur

Diệu Phạm October 14, 2019

Yup, I will. Thanks for your time @Amith Mathur {Appfire} 

0 votes
IP Australia Software February 2, 2021

Wow: I wouldn't do ANY of that. Read this, instead: "Clear Groovy classloader or Jira internal caches"

This does implicate the app and the vendor, so there are probably variants on this action for other products.

I guess the point is that the client cache CAN be cleared, and you may need a script to perform the task (if the vendor doesn't have a workaround).