How to clear all the data in Jira

Fahad V A March 27, 2014

Hi,

Currently I was testing some new scenarios and evaluating Jira performance. Now as the evaluation is completed, I need to clear all the data [Projects, Schemes, Custom fields, workflows and every configuration changes] except the user installed plug-ins.

Please suggest the best way to this. Thanks in Advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fahad V A April 2, 2014

Hi All,

Thanks for your help.

Created a clean Jira by creating new DB and a new home directory.

But needed to add the user installed add-ons later.. :(

1 vote
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

It would be must faster/simpler to start fresh and re-install the user plugins. Even if "deleted" JIRA will keep a history that a project once used key XXX, and will never let any new projects use that ID.

There is not any magic way to cleanup workflows, fields, etc, and would all need to be done manually, section by section.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2014

I agree with Eddie. If you don't want to keep anything a fresh install is the fastest and easiest.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2014

Hello Fahad,

you need to create an empty new jira home folder too or delete all the subdirectories of the existing one too.

All the JIRA data are stored in both db and HOME FOLDER.

Regards,

Fabio

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2014

Hello Fahad,

you need to create an empty new jira home folder too or delete all the subdirectories of the existing one too.

All the JIRA data are stored in both db and HOME FOLDER.

Regards,

Fabio

0 votes
Fahad V A March 27, 2014

Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking of creatng a new DB schema for Jira and configure Jira to the new DB so all the datas will be cleaned up.

Do you think this will work.?

Suggest an answer