How to check who and when was custom field in jira gets created

AKASH BHARDWAJ September 18, 2015

Hi All,

We have few custom field got created few times and few custom field without context added.

This has lead to system instability. I need to find out who has created those custom field and went through database but it doesn't provide much info.

Could someone please let me know how can i find the solution to this issue.

Many Thanks,
Akash 

3 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2015

We use change controls to make any changes to JIRA workflows, fields, select list values, etc. Part of the procedure for fields is to see if it is already there, just not used in a project or workflow that now wants it which happens about 1/3 of the time.

0 votes
AKASH BHARDWAJ September 18, 2015

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]: Hi Nic, Thank you!, could you please let me know if this could happen by CSV import where that field is not present and while importing field might have got created.

Many Thanks,

Akash

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2015

Good point. Yes, you could, if the import is done by a Jira admin. I think the import might be logged in the audit log, but not the fields.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2015

It's not logged.  Unless you have the admin audit log turned on, then it will have trapped who made the changes.  Note that if the fields are being added by dodgy addons, it won't log that, just the installation of the addon.

Suggest an answer