How to check the value of the custom field?what does getCustomFieldValue(); in jira 4.4.5 returns?

srikanth Asoori maringanti December 20, 2012

And also how to check whether the custom filed value is updated or not ? The following is my code

MutableIssue missue = ComponentManager.getInstance().getIssueManager().getIssueObject(issue.getId());

cft.updateValue(cf, missue, numDays);

where cft is my custom field type and cf is my custom field and numDays is a value which is calculating perfectly.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2012

Is there any chance you could think about your tags - if you're writing code like this then it is NOT OnDemand, as that does NOT support adding plugins.

Anyway, I don't quite understand the question - what do you mean "check whether the custom field value is updated"? If it's changed, then yes, it's been updated. The cft.updateValue call you make will not return an error if the value is updated.

getCustomFieldValue will return a custom field value. It does what it describes. I think you are probably asking what those values are in terms of structure, and the answer to that is "it depends on the type of field". Some fields will return simple strings (short text for example), date and date/time a timestamp, the number fields return a Long, a simple select-list will return an option (which is a Jira object, not a general java one) and a multi-select a list of options. And so-on.

Suggest an answer