How to check if selected Sprint belongs to certain Board.

Ruslan Rekk (Ploskonos) November 23, 2020

Hi everyone.

We have multiple projects in JIRA with multiple sprint of course. And because JIRA Cloud is not able to seperate sprints by project, we start thinking how to avoid mistakes when people set Sprint field value for issues.

So, I want to implement Automation rule that will triggers each time when Sprint field value updates. And then it will check if selected Sprint belongs to Board of current project. If not, then do something (for example send email to person who set wrong Sprint).

At the moment I stucked when I tried to get Board_ID for Sprint field value, in order to compare it later with known Board ID.

Is it possible at all to get this  info?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2022

Hi @Ruslan Rekk (Ploskonos)  - Did you ever get this worked out?

0 votes
nmenere
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2020

Hi @Ruslan Rekk (Ploskonos) ,

Unfortunately there is now way to do this at the moment. You can reference the boards id using:

{{sprint.originBoardId}}

But there is no way to look up another board for comparison, unless you just wanted to compare the actual id.

Cheers,

Nick

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events