How to change the workflow from "Agile Simplified Workflow" back to "JIRA Workflow"?

CoffeeMate December 17, 2013

How can I change the workflow of a JIRA project that was created with the Agile Simplified Workflow to JIRA Workflow?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2013

Same as you change it to any other workflow.

When the workflow was simplified, Jira Agile created a new workflow scheme for it and set that on the project. All you need to do is go to project administration and change the workflow scheme to whatever one you want to use instead of "simplified"

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the reply. I just found an article and changed the workflow.

However now in the Agile board, in both of Plan and Work views, almost all issues are gone. Only one issue that was in progress is remained there.

How can I fix this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2013

Sounds like your boards no longer include the status that are in the workflow you've moved the project over too. The boards won't change to match the workflow automatically (because there's no real way Jira Agile can know what you really want to end up with)

Go to the Agile Board and reconfigure the columns.

I updated the board and reconfigured the columns.

Now some Open issues cannot be moved to the In Progress column. They can only be moved to the next two columns that are for Resolved and Closed issues.

EDIT: Even though the issue (a Task) has a status of Open, in the issue page, there's no Start Progress button.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2013

Your non-simplified workflow doesn't have the transitions that allow those moves, or, if it does, they have conditions that are stopping you from doing it.

You'll need to read the workflow to work out what is going on.

0 votes

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the reply. I just found an article and changed the workflow.

However now the Agile board, in both of Plan and Work views, almost all issues are gone. Only one issue that was in progress is remained there.

How can I fix this?

Suggest an answer