How to change the window size of the "Create Issue" Window

Elke Perner January 8, 2013

Hello guys,

If I go to "Issues" and then click on "Create Issue" on the top menu in Jira, the window with the create issue mask appears. The window is too small and the user has to scroll down to see the last fields in the screen and that's very uncomfortable.

So my question, is it possible to change the window size ?

I have tried the suggestion with the Announcement Banner but this only works if I click on the "Create Issue" Button on the right top, but I also need a solution for the normal menu: Issues -> Create Issue!

I am using Jira 5.2

Best Regards

Elke

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Do the same step of disabling the bundled plugin described here - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/120189/how-to-disable-the-configure-fields-button-on-creation-issue-pop-up?page=1

It will revert the issue creation to the full screen variant.

Elke Perner January 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your help. It works and this is exactly what I need.

Thank you!

Best Regards

Elke

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

You can accept the answer too :)

0 votes
chgr July 3, 2020

Hi an other Workaround is to open the Transition Button or Create Buttons in a new Tab.

It will Pop Up as Full screen Window..

Other Benefit is to check information you nede on the original Tab.

Greets

Christof

Suggest an answer