How to change the visibility of the projects for each user ?

Arnaud Trotignon October 2, 2013

Hi,

I'm sorry this question has surely been asked numerously, but I don't find the solution however.

We are implementing JIRA on our business production model, so the forst question concern the user administration :

How to make sure that a new user won't be able to browse all the project, and How can we, next step, give rights to him so he can see the projects he will work on, and ONLY THEM ?

That is not really clear actually. We can't find a simple system like a grid where we say "This project, he can see it, but not creating issues, this one he don't have to see it, " etc..

Thanks for your time.

Arnaud

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Arnaud Trotignon October 3, 2013

Thanks for your answers.

I've check all of these point but it didn't clear me up. I'm totally lost beetwen Groups, roles, Global permissions and permission shemes... Sorry for that, but even the online doc didn't help me.

Finally i want something simple :

- A new user can't access to any project.

- We put this user to ONLY ONE of our projects, then he can only browse this one, and not the others. He mustn't see the others.

I just arrive to do that : To see nothing or to see every projects.

Any tips ?

Thanks for your time.

1 vote
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013
1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

By default, new users will be added to the 'users' group. This is because the 'users' group is the only default group with the 'JIRA Users' global permission. If you have other groups that also have this global permission, new users are added to these groups automatically as well. For this particular reason, it is not recommended you grant the 'JIRA Users' global permission to many groups;

if the user need to browse projecs then he should have browse project permission so don't give Browse Projects permission to 'JIRA Users' group, you can give this permission to specific group other than Jira Users group(because it is default group for newly added users) or project role members

check this to know more about project permissions

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Suggest an answer