How to change the velocity template so that the Assignee is listed in an email notification?

Jon Jones June 16, 2016

Does anyone know if it's possible to do something like the following? 

Basically we'd like to include an issue's Assignee in a velocity email template sent out by JIRA. I'm not sure how to implement something like this.

2016-06-16_15_30_37-List assignee in notification email - Premier Support - Service Desk.png

2 answers

1 vote
Jon Jones June 17, 2016

Thanks, Benjamin.

I wasn't able to that #parse command to work.

But in case it helps someone, I was able to replicate what is in the screenshot by changing
/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/html/includes/patterns/issue-title.vm

specifically the line
$projectLink / $issueIcon $issueLink

to

$projectLink / $issueIcon $issueLink #if ($issue.assignee.displayName) / Assignee: $issue.assignee.displayName #end

0 votes
Benjamin Weinheimer-Erben (mgm-tp)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2016

Hi Jon,

the basic documentation for this you will find here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/customizing-email-content-802592932.html

To add the Assignee in your eMail you need to:

• search the "set-issue-details-context.vm" in "WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/html/includes"
  • add "#parse("templates/email/html/includes/fields/assignee.vm")" on the position you like to have it
  • restart your JIRA

warning Please take note of the information in the linked documentation above and ALWAYS keep a set of backups of the original files warning

greetings

Benjamin

Suggest an answer