How to change the selection in Resolution field depending on IssueType

hirok December 3, 2012

Hi,

I'd like to switch a list of the selections in 'Resolution' field depending on the IssueType.

Also, I want to change the default value in each IssueType if possible.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

hiro

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

Actually, the best way to do this is to include/exclude resolutions on workflows and have different workflows for different issue types.

See Workflow Properties for the property details.

hirok December 4, 2012

Thank you very much for the info.

The workflow properties works fine for filtering the resolutions.

0 votes
Miguel Angel Hernandez December 3, 2012

I have never used javascript on descriptions, just on Default values of custom fields. And it works. But Resolution haven t got default value to enter javascript. So this I think it would be better use a groovy script on Behaviours.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

You can use Javascript in the description of resolution field which will check for Issue type and based on that set the resolution

javascript examples here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Using+JavaScript+to+Set+Custom+Field+Values

You can also use the behaviours plugin and write a groovy script which will set the resolution field based on issue type .

Behaviours example here https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JBHV/JIRA+Behaviours+Plugin#JIRABehavioursPlugin-Setonefieldbasedonanotherfieldwithinformationprovidedbytheserver

hirok December 3, 2012

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

However, I couldn't find a place to specify the JavaScript in Resolution field.
The Resolution field is not a custom field. I guess that's the reason.
Am I misunderstanding?

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2012

You can enter the javascript in the description of the resolution field . I have tried javascript on Jira fields earlier.

Suggest an answer