How to change the layout of the fields in the Create Issue Screen in Jira 4.4.5

We are using Jira 4.4.5

We need to modify the layout of the fields in the Create issue screen.

1.Defaultly the fields are listed one below the other. Can we arrange few fields side by side. ?

2.Can we have sections i nthe create issue screen, so that few fields can be categorized under a section instead of having them in the separate tab.

3. Can we have the only Date and only time field separately as two custom fields instead of date and time field combined.?

Please let me know how are these possible in Jira 4.4.5

Thanks, Harish

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hey,

here are my thoughts:

1. No. This has been discussed widely and as of right now you can't arrange them side by side.

2. Not that I would know of. Tabs have been implemented to let you group different fields...

3. What field do you mean? You have custom fields of date and datetime format...

Cheers

Christian

This widget could not be displayed.

This is an interesting requirement and one I'd certainly like to see in the backlog.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

80 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you