How to change the assignee in an issue by just hovering over the name?

Ghosts Are Real July 18, 2015

We used to simply hover over the assignee name and a little pencil appears and you just click on it and a drop down menu appears so you can select what user you want to assign the issue to. Now for some reason, when you hover over the assignee name, no pencil appears and only 1 link appears under 'Assign to me'. Of course there is also the 'Assign' button or tab that clicking on it will open a modal window where you can select what user you want to assign the issue to. 

I just need to somehow allow the hover over assignee feature back because no body really likes to go to the 'Assign button' and change it from there. 

Hope my concern is clear. 

I think the resolution to this would be in the permissions.'Assignable users' or ' Assign Issues' Global Issue permissions. But i'm not sure 

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2015

This is a bit of a long shot, but could you try this?

Go to the issue as normal.  Check that you do not get your pencil icon.  Now click the "edit" option on the top bar to get into the whole issue edit screen.  Is "assignee" on the list of fields on this screen?

If not, then can you log in as an admin, find the edit screen and add the assignee to it (at the bottom is fine, this test is just about whether it is on the screen or not).  Now go back and check for the pencil icon.

Does that fix it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2015

Ahh, that makes sense. The "quick edit" pencil option only appears if you have the right to edit the field and it is on the edit screen. So you were blocking the user by disallowing their edit.

0 votes
Ghosts Are Real July 18, 2015

Thank you so much Nic for getting my attention to where the problem is. That user was not able to edit that issue since he is not the reporter. I enabled editing the issue to everyone now and pretty much this allows everyone to select the assignee from the pencil again. 

Thanks a lot 

Suggest an answer