How to change the Mysql JDBC connector on standalone JIRA?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

Hi Guys

Is it possible to change the MySQL JDBC connector on standalone JIRA?

As per my understanding the MYSQL connector comes built in however i am not sure if we can change it

Rahul

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

Hello Rahul,

Yes, you can change your JDBC for your JIRA Standalone. You can find the JDBC in the directory $JIRA_INSTALL/lib/.

Please note that the only connectors which come bundled with JIRA Standalone are HSQL and Postgres JDBC's. For MySQL you need to download the JDBC and place it under the folder mentioned above.

When you download and place the JDBC, please make sure that the JDBC version falls under the supported JDBC's for our support channel so that you don't face any problems.

I hope that helps.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2013

Thanks Ala....this helps

rahul

AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2013

You are most welcome Rahul. :) I'm glad I could help.

Regards.

1 vote
IshanL
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2013
0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2013

Not sure if you want to change the library or the connection string.

The library is in the lib folder. The connection string is the in dbconfig.xml at JIRA_HOME.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2013

Basically I want to check which version of JDBC connector is associated with my standalone version and if possible replace it with the latest connector.

On the WAR installation, we usually manually put the JDBC connector (Connector/J JDBC driver v5.1) at $jirarc/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/.

I want to know where i can find the rquivalent file on standalone installation.

Rahul

Suggest an answer