How to change the Initiative filed in an EPIC?

Jirong Hu February 23, 2015

What's the proper way to modify the value for Initiative field in an EPIC?

Thanks

Jirong

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2015

Same as any other custom field - edit it.

I am guessing that there may be more to this question - could you explain what the Initiative field is, and why you think there is a need to modify it differently to other fields?

Jirong Hu February 23, 2015

http://support.aha.io/hc/en-us/articles/201834285-How-EPICs-are-created-in-JIRA-by-Aha-

The Initiative filed is current not in the screen, only see that in a query. I guess it should be modified from Agile side, something like the Versions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2015

Sorry, this is very disconnected from JIRA - you need to explain what you think Aha is doing here, and what the initiative field is - most importantly, how Aha thinks it is handling this field.

Jirong Hu February 24, 2015

I can change the filed value using bulk change. My question is where does this field come from? It's not even in the Create EPIC screen. I thought it's set somewhere in Agile process.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2015

Er, you added it. (You as in "your organisation", not you personally). It's not an Agile field at all, and Aha doesn't connect in a way that that would allow it to do it as far as I can see.

Suggest an answer