How to change the Charts gadgets in Jira

Baranidharan January 1, 2018

Hi ,

Good Day!

I have a Question about JIRA Dashboard. Below is my doubts.

1. Is it possible to customize the Jira Pre-Existed Gadgets?

Ex : In the Adding Gadget i am receiving only Pie chart to the Dashboard. I have created a custom Queries but all the one i was populated only Pie Chart. Is there is any other way to add another kind of charts like Pie Chart or Bar chart in the Jira.

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2018

Hello,

It is not possible to customize preexisting gadgets. You can only provide parameters which are available for the gadgets 

You can develop youlr own gadget as your own addon or you can use available addons in Atlassian Market which contain gadgets needed by you.

Thanks for the Reply Alexey,

It is really a Good Information. But how to develop the Own Gadget. Is it possible in Jira? If yes How?

It will be really Helpful when I am get a chance to develop the Own gadget so that first I will learn and I can Create a Gadget based on my own Data. Can you please help me with the source or any links.

Thanks,

Baranidharan

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-provided for you links to how to develop your own gadgets. If you have any other questions just ask.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2018

You can only "customise" them within the parameters defined by their code - i.e. what you see in the "settings" section for each one.

You can add many gadgets of the same type, but with different settings if you want.

You can add other gadgets to Jira too - have a look in the marketplace, or think about writing your own, using the SDK.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2018

Thanks for your reply Nic.

But when I look the setting it is already predefined for Jira. So in there I am unable to get the exact View which I required to place in Dashboard.

Thanks,

Baranidharan

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 1, 2018

Yes, that's what I said - you can only "customise" them within the parameters the code limits you to.

Suggest an answer