How to change status of ticket when "share with customer" is clicked

richard miller April 22, 2016

In some cases our tickets get quite long and our service agents do not always scroll to the top of the ticket to click on "respond to Customer" to change the status of the ticket.  Instead they just click "share with customer" after they add a comment.

I want the action of clicking on the Share With Customer button to change the status of the ticket to "Waiting for Customer" automatically.    I tried an automation rule but I think it is only looking for the "Respond to Customer" button at the top of the ticket.

Anyone else know how to do this?

3 answers

0 votes

It is the first line of the rule that works fine for the "respond to Customer" button, but does not work for the "share with customer" button 

0 votes

Here is a screen shot of our automation rule. Service Desk Automation Rule 1.JPG

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2016

I believe it should be possible to do with automation rules.

Can you share your automation rule with us?

Screenshot?

Chris

Added screen shot

Let me know if you need more information and thanks for the reply!

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2016

I'm using JIRA Service Desk cloud and this works fine for me. But I do not see a Respond to Customer button; only a Share with Customer button underneath the comment box.

Well the Respond To customer is part of our workflow that we created for our tickets.  Which I can add a screenshot for this as well. 

Service Desk workflow.JPG

When a ticket is created it is in a waiting for support status.  As an agent we then click "work on issue" which moves it to the "in Progress" state.  when we click Respond to customer a dialog pops with a comment field which when you are done with makes the comment and changes status to Waiting for Customer.

When the customer responds the status changes back to waiting for support. .......

Here are the buttons at the top:

Service Desk Workflow 2.JPG

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2016

In your automation rule, the first line looks like it is saying "When a comment is created, if the status is Waiting for Support, and the user is an agent, then transition from Waiting for Support using the transition labelled Respond to Customer", and you want the issue to move to the status Waiting for Customer. But, from your description and workflow it does not look like there is a legal transition from Waiting for Support to Waiting for Customer. You can only transition to In Progress. I think you need to add a new transition to your workflow. 

Suggest an answer