How to change status for workflow step without affecting another status of steps of different workflow

M. P. September 17, 2013

Hi to all,

I'm trying to change status for the step of the workflow. It works fine, but it affects status of another workflows for the the step, that just has another name.

With other words:

• we have three workflows for different issues
  • If I'm changing status of the requirement workflow for step "Invalid", then it changes also the step of general workflow for step "Closed"
  • both steps are on the same level. They are defined for resolution of the issue

I don't understand why, are they somehow bound together with id's?

How can I handle it ?

Thanks in advance!!!

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
M. P. September 22, 2013

Hi Bharadwaj,

thanks for your reply!!! I appriciate it, but I'v solved it with another way. You were right, I couldn't update status without affecting another one from different workflow cause workflows were copied.

My steps:

• Exported Workflow as XML
  • changed ID of the step to another one, which doesn't exist yet, everywhere where step is mentioned
  • Imported Worklfow as XML and assigned it to existing Workflow Scheme

all my transition and other connection were maintained without changes. And after I just changed status of the step.

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2013

Are you getting abnormal behavior in two issues which have different workflows?

If that is the case,you check for any listener or postfunction on first workflow, which might change the status of second issue based on the status of first issue.

M. P. September 18, 2013

I'v checked that status and steps of different workflows has same id, that's why if I'm getting problems. If I'm exporting xml file, both steps has id (6). So I need to finde the way I can change Id of the step, to be able to change linked status without creating any damage to issues that are linked to that workflow

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2013

do you copied requirements workflow from general workflow?

if so,

1# you create a copy of requirements workflow.

2# create a new step named Invalid and give the in and out transitions including validators,postfunctions,conditions,properties as that of Closed in general workflow.

3# similarly do for other workflows which has same id as 'Closed' which you not require.

the workflows that does not require any change,keep as it is.

4# now create a new workflow scheme and assign the appropriate issuetype with the copied workflows and other workflows which you require.

5# Now associate the workflow scheme to your project and it will ask while changing the scheme that change Closed to a dropdown which contain Invalid.

select that and confirm.

careful while creating transitions that has exactly as that of Closed.

Suggest an answer