How to change settings for comment html Entities

Leonardo Martinez June 2, 2014

I have two jira installations. One is from a hosted solution and the other is the one we are trying to install here at the office. The difference between them is when I type in comments/description.
1) In one installation I can use extra spaces at the beginning of the paragraph. The other installation erases the extra spaces.

2) If I enter HTML Entities (&nbsp, &amp, etc.) one install shows the entity codes, the other converts the code into the proper entity.

Where can I find the settings under the administration pannel to change how my Description/Comment form fields work?

1 answer

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2014

Hi Leonardo,

Just to confirm, the one in which you're unable to add HTML entities is JIRA OnDemand, right? If so, this is a restricted function in OnDemand.

If the hosted solution is not our OnDemand subscription though, it's possible this is just happening because in one of your instances the Wiki Renderer Macros Plugin (which is a system plugin) does not have its html module enabled.

To confirm this, simply navigate to the Administration » Manage Add-ons page, select System Add-ons, search for the Wiki Renderer Macros Plugin, expand the Modules and see if the html module is enabled (8/8 modules enabled).

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer