How to change restriction through a deactivated account

Zherui Guo April 17, 2018

Hi Dear!

I am the site administrator of my company jira. One employee left company a month ago and I deactivated her account. However, I found out that one document she created has restrictions to everyone except her. We can only view but cannot edit. How do I change the restriction through that deactivated account, or I can move everything from that folder to another folder?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2018

Hello @Zherui Guo,

Can you please precise what documents you are talking about? If you mean dashboards or filters, you can easily change ownership as an admin:

If you were actually talking about Confluence pages, you can view all restricted pages in a space and remove restrictions.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Thank you Manon!!

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2018

Hi Zherui,

Since you are the site administrator you can reactivate her account then click her name to view her user profile and then "Log in as user"  to log into her account. Once there you can remove the restrictions on the document, go back in as site admin and deactivate her account again.

-Scott

Thank you Scott! How to reactivate her account? 

In site administration--users, I cannot see her name anymore.

Can you help? Thanks

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2018

If you just "deactivated" the user she should still appear in the user list; if you deleted the account as well I'm not sure how to recover it. Manon's answer below looks easier anyway :)

-Scott

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2018

By default, only Active users show in the list, so you can click on the dropdown for Active Users and select Inactive Users

Suggest an answer