How to change "Reporter" to related issue's "Reporter"

Daniel Stava June 10, 2012

How can I change "Reporter" via workflow to related issue's "Reporter" during "Create Issue" transition or "Copy issue function"?

Thank You

3 answers

2 votes
Krzysztof Skoropada [Deviniti]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

I've written this as a plugin for free. Binary you can find here:

https://bitbucket.org/intenso/change-reporter/src/2a119369c331/change-reporter-1.0.jar

Fell free to raise an issue for any change requests at https://bitbucket.org/intenso/change-reporter/issues

Yaron Gur-Ari September 3, 2012

Thanks!

Is it possible to use this plugin to set the Reporter to be the current user?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012
Yaron Gur-Ari September 3, 2012

Great! thanks!!!

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2012
Freddie Joyce August 11, 2017

Hi @Krzysztof Skoropada [Deviniti],

I'm trying to use the plugin to set the assignee based on a custom user field, but it doesnt work. I have the following set up, can you tell me where I'm going wrong?

InUtils 1.PNGInUtils 2.PNG

1 vote
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2012
Check this (paste this to Script Runner )

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue;

String issueKeyFrom = "KEY-1";
String issueKeyTo = "KEY-2";

IssueManager issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager();
Issue issueFrom = issueManager.getIssueObject(issueKeyFrom);
MutableIssue issueTo = issueManager.getIssueObject(issueKeyTo);
issueTo.setReporter(issueFrom.getReporterUser());
issueTo.store();

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2012

You'll need a post-function to do that during a transition. You might want to write one for yourself or maybe use the script-runner plugin (it provides a framework and hooks for you to write stuff like this and saves you having to write things from scratch)

Yaron Gur-Ari September 2, 2012

Appreciate if you can paste the script for changing reporter as I need that too :-)

Thanks!

Suggest an answer