How to change project issue is a part of?

Tudor Hofnar October 12, 2012

How can I change the project that an issue is assigned to?

For example if I have Project 1 and Project 2 and I create an issue Issue X under project 1. Is there any way I can easily move it to Project 2?

Furthermore, is there an automatic way to assign tickets from Zendesk to a specific project? For example, lets say I have a dropdown for 'Product' in the in Zendesk, and each Product has a project in JIRA. When I share my ticket with JIRA, can that new issue go directly under one of the Projects that is selected from the dropdown in Zendesk?

Thank You!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2012

Hi Tudor,

Please find listed here the steps to easily move your issues between projects. :D

Cheers,

Arthur Gonçalves

Tudor Hofnar October 12, 2012

Thank you! But is there any way for an issue to be moved automatically? Am I able to create a workflow to move issues based on one of the custom fields?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2012

Define "automatically"

One definition you've given already - part of a workflow. That isn't possible without writing a listener to do it.

Suggest an answer