How to change jira ticket from open to inprogress

susmita yaam December 12, 2020

In my project they assigned development task. I dont know how to change status from open to inprogress? 

I searched a lot , didnt find any solution .

Please help me asap.

2 answers

0 votes
susmita yaam December 14, 2020

Thank you for your response,  I got the solution since it is a customized jira ticket. There are few option that I need to do once done I can change the status 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2020

verify that your workflow support the transition from open to in progress. if so then you need to ensure you have permissions or that there isn't some rule/condition that prevents

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2020

Adding to What Jack said.
When you would have a notification to your task (either in mail or in jira), check the task, there will be a more option, or you will find buttons with a transition name.

your jira admin or your team could have given custom names for transition to status.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

@susmita yaam , sorry I don't understand your last response. Do you need further assistance or have you resolved your issue. If resolved please share the resolution.

susmita yaam December 14, 2020

No assistance required any more, issue is resolved 

Suggest an answer