How to change existing JIRA instance(url and port) to another instance(url/port)

Saila Karuturi March 11, 2015

Please provide information and / or documentation.

2 answers

1 vote
CruzinUSA
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2015

you can change this by editing the <JIRA_HOME>/conf/server.xml directly or running the <JIRA_HOME>/bin/config .sh for mac/linux or .bat for windows to edit your url and port. Make sure to shut down JIRA before making these changes.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

See the url in the comment below for the documentation for this solution.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

You are technically migrating JIRA to another server .  Even if you are just changing the url and port number the steps are still very similar. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+JIRA+to+Another+Server

There is a system admin page for the url and port number.   when I get access to my JIRA installation, I will give you more information on which page it is.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

Suggest an answer