How to change default value on Linked Issues to "relates to" from "blocked"?

hrzadnn July 22, 2014

On my system, the default value is "blocked" for Linked Issue. I want to change it to "relates to".

Any idea?

4 answers

2 votes
Kisgergely Zsolt August 9, 2019

You need to create a Behaviour - Initializer, with the Scriptrunner plugin:

getFieldById("issuelinks-linktype").setFormValue("relates to")

More infos at: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/behaviours/working-with-issuelinks.html 

Mahesh Kallepalli August 27, 2019

Thanks for your answer it works for me 

Like Dave Liao likes this
0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2014

Maybe a script in the announcement banner to sort the field?

Not sure about how to write it though.

0 votes
hrzadnn July 22, 2014

But it seems on Admin Area -> Issue Linking that the system will sort link type automatically from A to Z.

I just tried to add a new link type called "Connect", just like I expected, the system saved and sorted it after "Cloners".

0 votes
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2014

The only way to do that is to make 'Blocked' the first value in the issue linking section. JIRA will just take the first value there and display it as the default.

jhuynh August 17, 2020

I know this is an old post... but blocks is first in my issue linking section, however, when I create a linked issue, the default is "causes"... I NEED BLOCKS TO BE DEFAULT! helppp

2020-08-17_10-55-48.png

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2020

@jhuynh - figure this out? (If you have access to a tool like ScriptRunner, use Kisgergely's answer.)

Are you using Jira Cloud, or Jira on-premise solution like Server or Data Center?

Curious how "causes" is the default... on my test Jira instance, the default keeps going for the first choice alphabetically.

abdication.PNG

Suggest an answer