How to change default login page

Rajith Rathnayake July 7, 2017

I need to change the default home page of JIRA to customer portal. Now when a user type the url it directly goes to dashboard, even user doesn't have an agent account of software user. I need every user direct to the customer portal when they log in.

Java script in Announcement banner is not a suitable solution for my situation. Is there any way that I can do this by doing changes in configuration in JIRA or tomcat

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2017

Hi Rajith,

It sounds like you're running your own instance so I would take a look at How to customize customer portal URL in JIRA Service Desk Server.

Other methods include the use of a proxy server, such as Apache or Nginx, to rewrite the URLs. Other methods are discussed in the comments in JSDSERVER-513.

Cheers,

Branden

Rajith Rathnayake July 7, 2017

Hi Branden,

I have configured HTTPS on JIRA and only have one domain name to go to both customer portal and service desk. could you please let me know will this method work in my scenario. Because from what I understood, I need to have a different domain name to add this rewrite rule. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you,

Rajith

Like Jamie Pershall likes this

Suggest an answer