How to change custom field value during MOVE

George Levasseur November 21, 2014

I have a situation where I have to use MOVE to change the Issue Type. During this process, is it possible to also set the value of a custom date/time field to the current date/time?

I know how to do this in a Transition but I can't change the Issue Type in a transition.

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2014

You can certainly write a listener that does this. Requires writing a plugin or script though.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2014

I have never tried it but maybe you can move the issue and the state you moved to has a post function that sets the field.  So your actions are done is separate steps.

I don't know about "post functions". I'll have to investigate. Does it require an Add-on?

I don't know enough about Jira. I don't know how to associate a Post Function with a State. Where is that done?

Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2014

Suggest an answer