How to change a version of an old backup from Jira to the latest version?

Anderson Arruda October 2, 2017

There is some time for backing up a project in Version 7.3 of the jira, I am now in version 7.5 and need to restore the project more is happening a version error, is there any way to reverse this error?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

You need to take the 7.3 export, import it into a temporary dev/test system on 7.3, then upgrade that system to 7.5 and export it.  Your production 7.5 will then be able to read the file.

Anderson Arruda October 2, 2017

But i don't have the version 7.3. What i can do?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

Download a copy.  You only need it temporarily.

Thomas Buchhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2017

You can download older version of Jira here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/update

Create on a temp sytem a new jira installation with 7.3 and import your old backup.

Suggest an answer