How to change Navigation Bar Highlight Background Colour?

Jan Veselý November 5, 2012

Header Highlight Background Colour can be changed, but in order to achieve a unified look, I need to change Navigation Bar Highlight Background Colour as well (from default blue).

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2012

Hi Jan,

Please refer to customize the look and feel in JIRA.

Good luck

Cheers,

John

Jan Veselý November 6, 2012

Hi John,

I did that first. I did not find how to change Navigation Bar Highlight Background Colour though.

Regards

Jan

John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2012

Did you try to click on the Navigation Bar Highlight Background Colour (blue) and prompt a screen for you to select the colour?

Jan Veselý November 7, 2012

There is no such option. What I need to customize is the pull-down menu background colour which is always blue.

John Chin
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2012

I notice there is a ticket refer to this feature JRA-20193 and no longer exist in JIRA 4 and above.

Joey McDaniel January 15, 2013

I've been trying to change this for longer than I would like to admit. I'm not able to determine two things: 1) What is the file controlling this color? 2) Is there a CSS id or class I can overwrite?

1 vote
Michael Kayser October 7, 2013

you should do like this:

<style type="text/css">
            .aui-list li.active a {
                background-color: #5D0705;
            }
        </style>

0 votes
Mikael Mikkola October 6, 2016

#splitter-sidebar  {background-color:#DDFFEE;}    

in the Stylesheet of the wiki space (or Global Stylesheet). Works in Confluence 5.7 at least.

Alternatively, probably this is OK (in macros or the like):

<style type="text/css">

#splitter-sidebar  {background-color:#DDFFEE;}    

</style>

0 votes
Sean Curtis
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2012

Hi Jan,

Are you using an OnDemand instance or are you running it yourself? Can you maybe take a screenshot of the header/menu and indicate which bit you're trying to change?

Cheers,

Sean

Jan Veselý November 11, 2012

Hi Sean,

we are running downloaded version. I have attached a screenshot - the blue background under the menu item "Search for Issues" is what we need to change (as it does not fit our green design at all).

Thanks

Jan

Sean Curtis
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2013

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the delayed reply. The look and feel customisations will be improved greatly in JIRA 6.0 (out in a few months). You could try and override the one in your instance by inspecting that menu item using the devtools in your browser (I'd recommend Chrome) and then override the style by placing the CSS overrides in the announcement banner.

Cheers,

Sean

Joey McDaniel January 15, 2013

I'll buy you a beer (or 6) if you can tell the ID or Class the blue background uses. Using firebug, I can't find either.

Suggest an answer