How to change Jira License from 25 User to 10 Users?

fcukinyahoo August 27, 2013

We were running 25 user license for Jira but now we have a smaller team less than 10 users. How do i downgrade jira license to 10 user license from 25 users?

3 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2013

1. Contact sales to get a new 10 user licence

2. Remove unwanted users from all their groups (and roles) in Jira, to get the count down to 10 or less

3. Apply the new licence

Note - if you get 2 and 3 the wrong way around, you won't be able to create new issues until you've removed the extra users.

Roman Zaks August 27, 2013

i can purchase that online from my.atlassian.com and provide the server ID of current Jira. Would that work?

I already removed users and currently have 9.

fcukinyahoo August 27, 2013

I can ourchase a new $10 license on my.atlassian.com and provide the current server ID of Jira. That should work right?

I have already removed other users and currently have 9.

Sujata December 2, 2018

Hi Nic,

#2 - Remove unwanted users from all their groups (and roles) in Jira, to get the count down to 10 or less

>>  is there anyway we can do it in bulk through script for large number of users.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2018

For a handful of users like 25 -> 10, it's not worth the effort.  Do it by hand

Sujata December 2, 2018

Actually we have user count in thousands which we want to remove due to downgrading license. So can we make it through script in one go because removing it manually is not possible.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2018

Not really the right place to ask then - on a question about 10 - 25 users.

You can do it with scripting, of course, but I'd recommend asking a new question with a proper statement of what you're looking for, what scripting tool you want to use and how you're going to define the list of users.

Sujata December 3, 2018

sure.thanks.

1 vote
Jim C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2013

Hi,

Yes, you can simply purchase the $10 10-user Starter License and enter that license into your JIRA instance, this will overwrite the 25 user license currently in your instance. The Starter License is a $10 charitable contribution to Room to Read that helps improve education in the developing world by establishing libraries and schools.

1 vote
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

Suggest an answer