How to change Jira License from 25 User to 10 Users?

We were running 25 user license for Jira but now we have a smaller team less than 10 users. How do i downgrade jira license to 10 user license from 25 users?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

1. Contact sales to get a new 10 user licence

2. Remove unwanted users from all their groups (and roles) in Jira, to get the count down to 10 or less

3. Apply the new licence

Note - if you get 2 and 3 the wrong way around, you won't be able to create new issues until you've removed the extra users.

i can purchase that online from my.atlassian.com and provide the server ID of current Jira. Would that work?

I already removed users and currently have 9.

I can ourchase a new $10 license on my.atlassian.com and provide the current server ID of Jira. That should work right?

I have already removed other users and currently have 9.

This widget could not be displayed.
Jim Conaty Atlassian Team Aug 27, 2013

Hi,

Yes, you can simply purchase the $10 10-user Starter License and enter that license into your JIRA instance, this will overwrite the 25 user license currently in your instance. The Starter License is a $10 charitable contribution to Room to Read that helps improve education in the developing world by establishing libraries and schools.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

575 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you