How to change JIRA from direct LDAP to LDAP through Crowd with DIFFERENT usernames?

Deleted user October 18, 2014

Hi

Our instance of JIRA is currently set up with an LDAP directory which points to our old AD server.

We would like to change things so that it points to our new AD server (ideally through Crowd).

But here's the rub,

• both AD servers contain different usernames for the majority of users
  • it is not possible to rename users in the old AD server as part of the process
  • the old AD server will be disabled (at some point) following the switch.

Any suggestions for how to tackle this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2014

You will have to rename the users before the old AD server is disabled. If you do not rename, those users won't be recognized by JIRA and that will result in lot of errors. You might also want to preserve the data integrity by correctly renaming the users.

Deleted user October 20, 2014

Hi Jobin Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I am not able to change the usernames in the current AD (I've updated the question to reflect this). Is there an alternative approach? Thanks Ian

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2014

I can think of another way but that is a bit more work. 1. Create the same users in JIRA internal directory (and the groups and memberships ofcourse) 2. Put the internal directory on top of the current AD. This will make the internal users active in JIRA 3. Rename the users in internal directory 4. Add the new AD connector 5. Put the new AD on top

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2014

Test it though ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events