How to change Current Working Directory?

Artur Martins July 25, 2017

Hi,

I already changed on my configuration files the correct address to my jira home, but on JIRA it still appears the wrong address of my jira home.

jira.GIF

Probably I miss some file, but I don't know wich file to search, the files that I made changes are:

/opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties
/etc/inid.d/jira

opt/atlassian/jira/bin/config.sh

thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2017

Hi Artur,

The value you are looking at (Current Working Directory) is a pointer to where JIRA was started from.  Here's how I verified this:

1. Stopped JIRA
  2. Created /jira-second-install
  3. Copied the contents from /opt/jira_install to /jira-second-install
  4. Started JIRA from /jira-second-install

Once I performed the above steps I went back to the Settings screen and the location had changed as expected.  If you want to change the location of the home folder:

1. Stop JIRA
  2. Move your home folder contents to the location you would like it to exist in
  3. Change the location using the directions in Setting your JIRA Application Home Directory or use the JIRA Configuration Tool.
  4. Restart JIRA

Cheers,

Branden

Ajinkya Paradkar November 4, 2023

If it just indicates where JIRA was started from , then I do not think it is needed to change it , right ? 

Jira-home and jira install directory are already set right for me , so assuming there would be no changes needed.

@somethingblue  , Your thoughts ?

Suggest an answer