How to capture a static snapshot of a JIRA dashboard to a Confluence page with a simple one or two click menu option?

Mick Flanigan April 18, 2013

Some of our team members have looked at copying and pasting JIRA screens into powerpoint and using for presentations, reporting, etc, and obviously find it cumbersome. What they would love to do is go to a JIRA dashbaord and capture a set of gadgets on screen at that instant in time, and publish to Confluence via AppLinks. Data to remain static so it can be referenced by teams in the future. Anyone seen a plugin like this or know an alternate way to rapidly publish gadgets and dashboards on the fly from JIRA to Confluence?

5 answers

0 votes
Simon Schenker August 23, 2015

I would like that feature for reporting

0 votes
Sanjay Devarajan January 23, 2014

@Mick Flanigan- I'm also looking for the same feature, were you able to get what you wanted?

0 votes
Mick Flanigan April 23, 2013

No answer yet that will work for what we are trying to do. Thanks to those that gave feedback though!

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

You could use http://getgreenshot.org/ to create a screenshot. The tool provides JIRA and Confluence plugins to upload the screenshot instantly to a JIRA issue or Confluence page. Maybe this make the process a little bit easier.

Henning

Mick Flanigan April 23, 2013

Will have to check into this and see if it meets the requestors needs.

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

You could insert JIRA gadgets to Confluence page, however in incorporating thw whole dashboard, I don't think we could do that apart from including through HTML macro.

Hope it helps.

Mick Flanigan April 18, 2013

Thanks Rian, I am not sure if this is quite what I am looking for here. We want to take snapshots of gadgets that remain static on Confluence. For repoting and historical review. Right now I believe aside from a screenshot, the gadgets that are rendered in Confluence are all dynamic. tehy will show the latest data to pass the filters applied. Simply looking for a quick way (1-2 clicks) to publish the contents of a dashboard to a confluence page in a static view.

Suggest an answer