How to call the move issue screen in a workflow

Annastashia Cambridge December 5, 2012

Does anyone know if/how I can call the Move issue screen/wizard as part of a workflow? I need users to be able to move an issue (issues being triaged) to another project (development planned iterations) when they reach the point in the workflow where an issue can now be planned into an iteration.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I found a solution, by installing the Toolkit plug-in and using the message custom field (editable). I've written a message as the default value to tell the user to Move the ticket, then created a 'Move' screen with this field (associated to the 'empty' transition). I've placed this field above the Issue Type field only because in my scenario, the other Issue Type in my project doesn't have the same workflow/issue type configuration so the message including a link to "move" appears below the issue type field. Thus, my users can simply push this link and use the Move Wizard.

Will September 16, 2015

Annastashia, I am not sure I am following how you get the "move" link to display. Do you insert a HTML link in the message or is there another way you include the link? Did you try Nic's suggestion and did it work? Thank you for your help. Peace, Will

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2015

She's hard-coded the link into a field that gets displayed.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2012

No, you can't - the move screen is a separate piece of code, and it's actually completely outside the workflow.

What I have seen work is a transition to a "dead" state, going through a screen that asks for all the new information, and then a listener that spots the event and moves the issue to the new project.

Cool thanks Nic, I'll try that.

Suggest an answer