How to call the issue-link-dialog from a custom Web Item?

Günter Halmans February 14, 2019

Hi,

I would like to define a Web Item (button at the Opsbar top level) to call the "standard" link dialog for linking issues to other issues (reaching at the "More" menu). The main reasons are:

• we use several link types in our use cases and I made the experiences that for some users it is difficult to use the right link direction -> thus I would like to define explicit buttons and a specific value for the link type (in best case read only so that the user is not able to use another link type).
  • on the other side I would like to participate on the advantages of the "normal" link dialog, especially the search features.

I have been successful in the implementation of the dialog example documented in the scriptrunner documentation. But as I mentioned I will not implement the very good features of the link dialog redundant if there is a possibility to use this dialog too.

And that's my question: Is it possible to call this dialog by clicking on a custom web item? And in case it is possible, how?

Thanks in advance,

Günter

1 answer

0 votes
Robin March 8, 2021

hi Guenter Halmans

i also want to call the link-issue-dialog  .have you resolved this ? 

Günter Halmans March 8, 2021

Hi Robin,

no, unfortunately not.

Best,

Günter

Suggest an answer