How to calculate the time a ticket takes with a Resolved/Done status to being Shipped?

Lee Packham January 24, 2022

I'd like to understand if it's possible to write a query that will identify the amount of time a ticket that has a Resolved or Done status takes to be Shipped as part of a Release [fix version]?

5 answers

0 votes
Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2022

Hello @Lee Packham 

You can try server version of Time between Statuses developed by my SaaSJet team. It shows the time it takes an issue to move from one status to another (e.g. from "in progress" to "done").

tbsserver.jpg

It also helps to set such calculation conditions as first/last transition and to/from status.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 25, 2022

Hi @Lee Packham

There is not an out-of-box solution for your need in Jira. If you are using a specific status for the issues that has been a part of a release such as "Released", you can get the report of time spent on "Done" status by using Status Times Reports app, developed by our team.

It provides reports on how much time passed in each status. It has grouping feature so that by grouping statuses(New → In Progress → Done) you can get total time. You can also export the report as CSV and open it in Excel.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like assignee time, status entry dates, average/sum reports by any field(e.g. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month). And all these are available as gadgets on the dashboard too.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app. hope it helps.

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hi @Lee Packham 

In addition to @Rahul_RVS_Support and @Jack Brickey answers,  if you want not only to calculate time but also to filter against this duration in the Jira Issue Navigator, I'd recommend Enhancer Plugin's Time Between custom field.

In this way, you can filter issues using JQL like time-till-shipped >= '3d' 

Please bear in mind that I'm one of the folks in Snapbytes [Appfire company].

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 24, 2022

Hi @Lee Packham 

If you are fine with a third party app, for a complete solution to track time spent on each issue or time between statuses or time spent by resources, you can try out our add-on. You can track the progress of your project issues and their hierarchies. Also you can create dashboard gadgets for each report type.

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

The app provides the following features.

1) Time in Status :- Multiple Time in Status reports to track your issues. These reports cover all your requirements which you listed above.

2) Epic Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up of time estimates for standard Jira hierarchy. Epic -> User Story -> Subtask

3) Links/Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up of time estimates for hierarchy (up to 10 levels), based on your Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps/Issue Links parent child relationship.

5) Worklogs Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features

6) Timesheet :- View/Enter your time spent for multiple days

Disclaimer: I work for RVS, the vendor for this app, and I am one of the developers of the app.

TIS.PNG

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Not OOTB. you might consider an addon like Time in Status or you may already have a suitable addon.

Lee Packham January 24, 2022

Thanks for the swift response Jack, very much appreciated!

Suggest an answer