• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • How to calculate the average response time (time between timestamp "open" and timestamp "in progress") in a certain period of time and certain priority level?

How to calculate the average response time (time between timestamp "open" and timestamp "in progress") in a certain period of time and certain priority level?

Philipp June 30, 2015

How to calculate the average response time (time between timestamp "open" and timestamp "in progress") in a certain period of time and certain priority level?

How to calculate the average solution time: sum of the solution time (resolved) minus timestamp when entered in system, devided by the number of tickets. All of this in a certain period of time and certain priority level?

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2015

Nothing out of the box. I can suggest 2 things:

1) Scripted fields with a logic that calculates between 2 date fields. You will have to create another date field like "To In Progress" date which will automatically have a value (though post-function) whenever the ticket is transitioned to "In Progress"

2) A script/tool that utilize the JIRA API (I suggest using the JIRACLI tool) to retrieve a ticket's history, parse the result on when a certain ticket was transitioned to what status, then do you calculation in that script. You may want to use save this data on your report only or update a custom field in your ticket.

I have some teams on my JIRA instance using option #2

**The same answer I have here: I need to create a filter in JIRA that returns the duration it has taken from task creation to the first time that the task has been marked as In Progress. In other words, measuring the waited duration.

Suggest an answer