How to - bulk create jira issues with multi layered relationships

Rob_Monroe October 31, 2017
I am trying to create a process where project teams can select from a library of excel or csv files that they will consume and import into their own jira projects. After reviewing examples of jira Cli or the various plugins on the marketplace and support blogs I cannot find anything on creating new jira issues with a multilayered parent-child relationship. I want to import these files with the ability to create a parent epic, child user story and a child task for that user story. I don’t mean sub-task. The problem I’m seeing is that most plugins are looking for issue keys which means it is trying to reference jira issues that already exist, but again I’m trying to creat these jira issues for the first time. On the other hand using a csv or cli approach I’m still seeing examples of people who are referencing existing IDs which is not possible if you’re creating jira items for the first time. I’m also only seeing where users are only showing one level down for parent child relationships. Is it not possible to achieve what I’m looking for? Am I overlooking the obvious solution or is this really a use case that has never been addressed?

0 answers

Suggest an answer