How to block(prevent) reporters from workflow transition, Ideally reporters should not perform approve transition on my workflow.

srinivasa_pudi August 4, 2014

How to block(prevent) reporters from workflow transition, Ideally reporters should not perform approve transition on my workflow.

3 answers

0 votes
srinivasa_pudi August 11, 2014

I have used Workflow enhancer plugin and it is a free plugin too :)

0 votes
srinivasa_pudi August 5, 2014

Misc workflow extensions is a paid plugin. Could you let me know if you have any other free plugin can do the same, Currently Im using JIRA 6.2.7 version

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2014

If you're using the Server (not Cloud) version of Jira, there is an add-on called Misc Workflow Extensions that provides a number of workflow conditions that would be helpful. I'm not aware of any add-on that has a "not reporter" condition, but if you're trying to do approvals, you can do it the opposite way. You can create an "Approvers" project role and add all possible approvers to the role, then use the "User is in Project Role" Condition to only make the workflow button appear for the approvers. Hopefully that will help point you in the right direction.

Suggest an answer