How to block issue transition if CF is empty ?

Alex Baker August 10, 2022

Hi, Alex is here.

have only 1 question, is it possible to block subtask issue transition if user do not fill a field with an information.

I know about required field but they do not working with Automation, and Automation is required, do I have some other way to resolve that case ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

Hi @Alex Baker 

If i got your requirement right this can be done with workflow validator.

To do this you have to go to your workflow for subtasks, change to edit mode, choose the desired transition and add a validator (see screenshot):

image.png

Best
Stefan

Alex Baker August 10, 2022

Thank you Stefan, that is what I want

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

Awesome. Thanks for your feedback and great to know you got that working.

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2022

@Alex Baker

Can you please clarify your request? Are you trying to run an automation rule to transition a ticket, but only if a certain custom field is filled out?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events