How to block a section of an issue, so that external viewers do not see it?

Reinout van Noort November 8, 2019

Our Jira items have the main section with the problem description.

Underneath is the activity relating to the specific item, history etc.

On the right side of the main section, I have labels, the assigned person, the requester and some development items. 

I want to hide the development section from external viewers.

How can I set my external viewers permission in such a way that they will not see the issues' development section for the whole kandban-board?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2019

JIRA does not have field level security out of the box. Some people have used scriptrunner to restrict access to custom fields. I don't know if that is available in the cloud. If it is I suggest searching for scriptrunner help in the forum. I don't use it. 

Reinout van Noort November 8, 2019

Cheers Joe. 

I will check internally, how we want to move forward.

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2019

Hi Reinout,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that it is not possible to achieve your requirement of hiding the Development section using ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud like you could do with ScriptRunner for Jira Server.

The reason for this is due to the fact that Atlassian only provides a rest API in Jira Cloud and does not provide a Java API in the cloud as they do in Jira Server and that the Jira Cloud rest API does not contain any functions to achieve this requirement.

You can see more detailed information on the differences between the cloud and server versions inside of our documentation page located here.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer