How to be jira system admin in jira cloud so that I can invite users to jira

Andreas Hagglund May 18, 2017

My company uses jira, confluence and service desk.

I want to enable someone to invite users to jira-cloud. This person will not use confluence. 

It seems that as a jira-admin you are not allowed to invite users, only site-admins can do that. In Jira-cloud there does not seem to be any system-admin level.

When I grant someone the role of site-admins, I have to pay for confluence for that person as well, although he has nothing todo with confluence and no interest in using it.

How do I enable a person to invite/create users in jira-cloud without having to pay for a confluence license?

1 answer

0 votes
Sibel
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2018

Hello Andreas,

First of all please note that you do not see the system-admin level in Jira as in could there are no system administrators, only site admins. As such you will be able to remove the user/s form Confluence user permissions in order to prevent that person count towards your Confluence user-count.

You will be able to remove the person from the Confluence group by logging into your instance with your site admin credentials then search for the user: xxxxxxxxxx.atlassian.net/admin/users/view?username=XXXXX then you will be able to remove the person from Confluence.  

In case you need further details, please let me know.

Best regards,

Sibel

Suggest an answer