How to avoid subtask creation in an specific flow?

Begoña Bonet July 8, 2015

Hi,

I need to avoid the action "Create sub-task" in an specific workflow. How can I do that?

I need that sub-task type exists in the project but it's creation must be made in a controled way.

Thanks in advance,

Begoña

9 answers

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2015

Hi Begoña Bonet,

In the link, Jobin specified hiding Create Sub-Task button by means of JavaScript.

Hope it helps!!

Bharadwaj

0 votes

Thanks Udo, I'll try with your indications

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2015

Maybe there is if you do some coding, but I don't know how.

0 votes

And is there no way to deactivate this option?

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2015

The menu will be available yes, but it will lead to an error "It seems you tried an illegal opperation...", so an user can't use it.

0 votes

But a validator doesn't avoid the creation action was available to the user. I'd like to deactivate "Create sub-task" jira action located in "More" menu and to include a new transition in my flow in the rigth status to do that. In this action I can include conditions/validatos and postfuntions acording to the requirements I have for creating subtasks.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2015

So you could add a validator in the subtask creation step that parent must be in certain step. Would that be enough?

0 votes

I need to create substasks by means a transition because when I create a subtasks I need that specific customfields has specific values (calculated values). Also, users only can create subtask in specifc status of issues

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2015

What would be your controled way of subtask creation?

Suggest an answer