How to avoid getting a notification for tickets I created myself

Bernd Korthaus August 16, 2016

I currently get email notifications for every ticket that I just created.

Is it possible to tune JIRA to avoid that? I mean I certainly know that I just created a ticket, I do not need an email to tell me that again smile 

I think that is even something that Atlassian should change in the default settings for JIRA...

I already switched off a lot of notifications for the Events "Created" and "Assigned", but I still get the email below.

mentioned_me.jpgnotifications.jpg

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ August 16, 2016

When you create a issue, if you don't explicity turn off this feature, JIRA set you as a watcher of the issue.
If the notification scheme of this project is configured to notify watchers when any change occurs, you will receive an email even you have turn off "My changes".

Try to turn off 'Autowatch' feature in the same page where you turned off 'My changes'

1 vote

I enclosed the second screen shot regarding four events where I took off most of the notifications - as I am the Admin myself.

I also set "My Changes: Do not notify me" in my profile.

So I still wonder what causes the email "Bernd Korthaus mentioned you on EIM-37" - yes, I know, because I am Bernd Korthaus. smile

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2016

You can turn that off in your profile.

I have switched it off, in case you refer to the setting "My Changes", see screenshot below.

It seems I get those notifications when I the assignee a ticket to myself, although the "Issue Assigned" event has no notification.

There is a notification setting for "Issue Updated" to the "Current Assignee", however in case I update an issue where I am the assignee myself, that makes no sense to send that email to myself.

profile setting.jpg

0 votes
Akhil_vs August 16, 2016

Switched off notification? Can you be more specific here...

You need to remove yourself (or from group) that is associated with create issue notification in notification scheme, which can be done by Admin.

Suggest an answer